My first experience of a job outside teaching was crazy. I remember the day my boss called me on phone and said
This was barely few weeks after my resumption. How do we even get there so fast? It almost crashed my self-esteem aside from affecting my emotional life. Throughout my 16months work with him, I struggled to keep my inner peace intact.
Are you surprised that I still stayed that long with someone like him?
I had to develop layers of shell to cope with the work condition. I fought so many internal battles and trust me, it helped me till today. One of my many ways is to always tell myself that
“Micheal, you need to understand him for who he is. He is doing these bad things with good intentions. He is doing things the best way he knows how to “
How I got there, I really don’t know but I know I had to read books and attended some self-help classes.
Guess what he said the day I stopped working with him?
That day, I was in his car. He was going my way, so I asked him to drop me off on the road. While in the car with him, I was so relaxed unlike before. After all, I am now free from his shackles and chains. Lol…
After a few minute silence, he said
“Micheal! You have really tried; just that sometimes, I don’t understand how you behave”
That was the first and last time throughout my 15months I heard him say a word of appreciation.
Is he the only boss that does this to his employee? Definitely NO
Three years after, a friend of mine shared similar story about his boss. He is even worse when compared to mine. Few of his common sentences are;
Are you sure you will make it in this job at all?
My friend! you are stupid.
I use to see my friend as a very conservative and strong guy but the day he came home crying, I knew this was worse. He had to leave the job few weeks after.
What is your experience at your workplace? Talk to me, drop a comment.
After sharing your experience, make sure you pick up from here because I want to share some exciting things with that can help you in your career even if you still have to retain your job.
Not everyone has this kind of experience in their job. Where I work now is a lot better and I happy with the work condition. The only problem I have is the pay. Lol
‘Job’ is a bastard
So sorry for my language but I got pissed by thinking of several experience of the people I know with their various jobs.
- Some of them left after the job has done the worst on them;
- Some of them where laid off;
- But some of them left on time.
There is an adage in my dialect that says
“The lifespan of a job is longer than the life span of an employee”
In other words, if anyone dies on a job, it doesn’t stop the job from existing. A replacement is right on the way.
Join us on WhatsApp as we discuss about how to get at least 1 side hustles as an employee, how to balance your time. If you are not employed yet, this is also very useful for you. Get it now!
This doesn’t mean you should take your job less seriously. Every job has the good and the bad side. It now depends on which one dominates in your own workplace.
One of the world best public speaker, Vusi Thembekwayo, advice his cousin who is eager to finish up school and start a job that
“Just to be clear, you will always be limited in terms of your ability to create a true wealth as long as your earning potential is tied to your personal skill and how much you are paid per hour for that skill”
I have always been saying it that salary is just a bribe.
Think about it. Is that not what a job does? You have to go out very early and come back in the evening to sort family matters. If care is not taken, you will hardly create time for yourself.
I refuse to work for 65years and all that I gain out of it is pension – PEANUT!
I refuse to be tied down by a job that will not allow me become who I am created to be.
Money will never hate me. Money will always be my friend!
Can you now see that a job is indeed a bastard?
But then, you better don’t resign yet
Having a job is like an angel in human skin
Don’t get confused. I know I described a job as a bastard just now and I am already calling it an angel. Just pay attention in a minute while I will explain
The question is, who is a bastard literally? What does being a bastard means using the dictionary?
A child born out of wedlock?
But is it the fault of the child or the fault of the lovers who made the mistake? So why give that innocent child a horrible name?
That child has the right to grow up to become somebody responsible and great in life.
My point is…
Job in itself is innocent. A job is exactly like that innocent child people tagged bastard because of the errors of the parents.
The problem is not the job. The problem is the parties involved – employer and employees.
Think about it. Is it really the job’s fault that you don’t like it?
It is either you are not working in line with your strength because you don’t have career clarity just yet or you are not just productive enough to meet up with the standard of your boss.
Or, your boss doesn’t have that leadership skill enough to lead an organization.
How is this the problem of the job? Why blame the job?
Let me tell you how important a job can be
Aside from the salary you get out a job, there are a lot of unavoidable benefits you should get from a job. Please note that you can get all these benefits as a volunteer or intern. In fact, I always advice my circle to volunteer or intern more. Two of my team members got a job after several internships.
One of the benefits of internship is that you get to the job at your own pace. For example, one of my team member intern in three different sectors within two years. He did this to have experience and exposure in different fields. Today, he is working with a big brand.
Join the largest career community today
Click the WhatsApp icon showing on your screen to join us for free today.
Also, visit our digital store to get exclusive resources if you wish to take your career development seriously.
Why is having a job important?
- Experience: Experience they say is the best teacher. Gaining experience is extremely important. If it is by reading books, some people is supposed to be a sales god as of today but are they?
You learn on the job. A job will give you a framework of what works and also gives you the resources and opportunity to try out new strategies.
- Learn new skills: the job will teach you what you need to know in other to succeed in the job. My cousin who is a microbiologist had to learn accounting when she found herself in a job entirely different from her course of study. The job thought her for free. There are some skills that cannot be found in the syllabus of any school. It can only be found when you get a job.
- Exposure: a job will expose you to the reality. I studied building in school. I was the best in my class but the first 1year of working proves me wrong. it was as if something important was missing. The reality was that; I have been fed a lie by my lecturers. LOL. Not everything was a lie though.
I had to learn the reality. Even my lecturers know. I remember one of them told me that school is different from site. That is why after graduating from the university, I still have to gain experience for about 10years before I become a registered professional.
Don’t shy away from the reality. A job is useful too.
- Boldness: have you ever attended a class or event and after the event, it felt as if you have wasted your time because you already know what the trainer said?
You feel so disappointed because the hype was too much. Lol
When you practice something over and over again, you will be confident to do that thing on your own. Just like some of my artisans always tell me that
“Engineer, I have been doing this for 20years. I understand”
That confidence. Although, some of them end up doing nonsense. LOL
- Connecting: the network of people you have has a great influence in your career. Your biggest job is to make sure you connect well. Have you heard of people who became cofounders of billion-dollar company because they connected while working together in the same organization or attended same school?
Can you now see that having a job is not really the problem?
But then, that is not all…
Sometimes when I remember the hurt words from my ex-boss and what it has done to my self-esteem, I always tell myself to get a side hustle while I build my expertise. I have never believed in staying on a job for a long time. In my mind, it is only for a limited time. All I need is the experience.
However, can everyone be an entrepreneur? No!
There will always be a boss, employer and employee relationship but having a side hustle; a second, third etc. source of income is extremely important in this age we are in.
Are you finding it difficult to do a side hustle with your job? No matter how tasking your job is, it is not an excuse, I have a solution I use. I don’t know what else is more tasking as working on a construction site under the sun and rain. You too can be a boss without losing your job.
There are several reasons why people ended up hating their job
The big question is
Use the comment box.
In my next article, I will compile all the reasons why you and others stated and also give possible solutions.
I have an offer for you!
Tumihub has a mentorship platform that can help you in several ways.
If you have a job and you need a side hustle, this mentorship is strongly recommended for you.
We will not just give you how to get a side hustle;
- we will teach you how to balance your work life with your side hustles
- we will teach you several side hustles like affiliate marketing, real estate agents, dropshipping, blogging etc
- You will be able to use what you learn immediately and start making money
- If you follow our mentorship squarely, your side hustle will pay you more than your salary.
- We will give you a course on career clarity for free. This course will help you discover the career you ought to be pursuing for the rest of your life.
- We will add you to our mentorship platform where you have access to two live trainings per week, debates, accountability systems, case studies work, and so on
- We will give you all the skills you need to succeed and get results. Some of the skills include, storytelling skills, digital marketing, how to advertise on Facebook and Instagram effectively, how to use your WhatsApp to close deals, how to automate your WhatsApp to make work easier and so on. All the skills you need will be made available
- You will learn how to operate your social media platforms very well so that you can attract the right audience to yourself and you can eventually sell to them. You will learn public speaking
- You will get access to one of the best resources of your choice on our webstore for free.
- You will be the first set of affiliate marketer to all our online courses and resources when we launch it. In case you don’t know, affiliate marketers make as much as 1million per month just staying in their houses and connecting people to the right resources.
What else do you want?
As at the time this article is being published, the mentorship is going for $20 or #10,000 but there is a discount of discount which makes the course goes for $6 or #3,000 only.
That is how much you need to get all these at your disposal.
Will you make this discount go just like that?
Do you wish to do things better?
Then, you should hop in right now
Send a message to us on WhatsApp to get access right now or click the link below
PS: please confirm the price of the course before making payments.
You will make our day when you share and comment on this post.