Are you still wondering why your customers are not returning to buy from you anymore?
Are you scared that you’re going to run out of business soon because you’ve not had any new customers in these past months?
Read this and I’ll tell you how you can win back your long lost Customers to yourself and also how you can retain the ones that you have. Make sure you read to the end because there is a gift at the end just for you alone.
This secret is a very simple one that will get you more Customers without you leaving your bedroom – trust me on this.
Sometimes as business owners and Entrepreneurs, you use all your strategies you know which might include;
- selling at a discounted price
- Running paid Ads
- Giving out some values for free
- Employing the service of brand influencers to help promote your products
With all of these used, you finally get customers to buy your products and you’re happy. But then, if you are not careful, your happiness may soon turn inside out as you start thinking about how you are going to get the next customer.
I already spent so much on the last sales that two weeks ago. Yes, I made money but I’m in business and I have to make more.Is this you?
Let me emphatically say that it is important that you recycle the same process and invest more in the advertisement. You are expected to budget a percentage of your profit for advertisement. I will recommend that you see advertisements as the heart of sales.
Nevertheless, you should also have ways of retaining customers too.
What does it take for a customer to continue buying from you over and over again?
if most of those who bought from you are just one-time customers, then there is a problem and you need to fix it now.
With this simple secret you’ll win back your lost customers and even get new customers. All of these will be done with little effort.
The simple Secret is to,
As simple as it sounds, it is a tool that you need to retain customers. With it, you can turn a customer into a fan – someone that promotes your brand unconditionally. An example is the fans of Davido and Wizkid. If you notice these fans, they blindly support their favorite no matter what he did – even when he is wrong, they will figure out a reason to support him. That is what a fan looks like. Another example is the fans of Laycon the winner of big brother Naija for 2020; they went ahead to give him a sixty percent support over others.
If you care for your customers, they can go this length for your business too. I need to let you know that they won’t be a fan immediately but as long as you continue to care for them, they will eventually become a fan one day.
What does it mean to care for your customer?
- Beyond getting your customers to buy from you the first time, ask them what other services you can render. Project yourself more like a helper that is eager to make their work easier than a seller who needs money badly.
- From time to time as a business owner, check on your customers. This can be an avenue for more sales. It is interesting to say that it doesn’t cost much to do this. A simple phone call could do the magic. Ensure that they subscribe to your mailing list and make sure you are always engaging them with quality mails. I understand that in Nigeria, a lot of people are bad with mails, you can use other means that work best especially where your customers can be found easily.
Remember these 2 things
- People will first buy into your personality before they buy into your Product/Service. If you treat a customer well, that customer will come back. He/she will not only come back but will be a fervent evangelist for you – spreading the gospel of how life-changing your product/service is.
- Customers are the king: In every business that you’re involved in, customer satisfaction should be your utmost priority. If you focused on selling, you might sell to that person ones and that is the end but if you focus on solving the customer’s problem for contacting you, then you have a chance to sell more for that same customer.
Focus more on problem solving and you will see that sales will come along with it. Funny enough, if you focus on solving the problem, you could get to sell more than what the customer thought he/she needed.
Take for instance if a Gucci bag seller contacted me that he needed a logo for his business; a graphic designer desperate for sales will just go ahead to state his rate upfront without even making sure that he knows why the customer is asking for a logo. But a problem solver will engage the customer in quality conversation as to why he needs a logo. A problem solver might end up branding the business as a whole instead of just a logo. Although, at some instance, a problem solver can get to realize that the customer does not really need that service he was asking for – because something else was the problem and he may end up not selling. Not selling now does not mean you won’t sell to that same customer at another time.
I am also aware of some leads who are not interested in any conversation, they just want what they want and that is it. If you discover these kind of people, go ahead to give them what they want but make sure you satisfy them.
Apply this 1 simple principle and watch how your business soars every day.
- Upsell to your client. If they buy the 1.0 version of your product today, sell the one with an upgraded value to them at another time.
- Sell a relative product too. For example, someone who buys a sim-card from you will need to recharge the sim. Right? Position yourself to also sell a recharge card for them. If you treat them well when they buy the sim from you, they will most likely get recharge cards from you and you know a recharge card is something they will always get. That is exactly why you have to care for your customer.
What did you gain from this article, please share using the comment box below. Also, please share this article on your social handles using any of the icons below. Just click on the icon of the social handles you will like to use. Thank you as you do