My dear friend,
This is a letter from me, OMAA to you as we round up the first quarter of 2022. Take it to heart.
Have i ever told you that you are distinct? That’s the way i see you.
I’m excited because this is my first letter to you. I hope to send more because I really cherish you.
Someone asked this critical question one day while i was on Twitter and i wanted to ask you. He said…
While you walk through life, i hope you are not just running after money?
I have an interesting story to share with you.
So let’s get in.
There lived three friends who have been friends for more than 10years. Despite being friends, the three of them aren’t equally placed in life.
Follow me carefully. One of these three friends might be who you are right now.
The big Mikel
The first among the friends is named Mikel. He is a final-year student at one of the top universities. He is about to graduate but he never for once loved the course he is studying.
Today, after thinking about life, he is scared he might find himself in a teaching career if he doesn’t do something right now. He didn’t like the course he is studying, nor does he have anything else in mind to do. He is confused, frustrated, and depressed.
Some of the questions he constantly asks himself are
- How do I discover what I love to do as a career?
- As it stands, will i not be useless if i graduate?
- Do i really want to do 9 – 5 jobs for the rest of my life?
The Talented Mayo
The second friend is named Mayo. Mayo, being the youngest among them, loves to focus on anything he chooses to do. There are times he watches a movie for almost 20hours straight. That’s how focused he can be on anything. It doesn’t matter if it is a useful or wasteful cause.
While he was very young, his church organized training to teach teenagers how to draw. Mayo eagerly attended the training. And from the training, he developed an interest in artworks. He saved from his food allowance to buy art materials. He devoted time to learning how to do different types of artworks. He even finds time and money to attend art events. Most of the time, he always tries to connect with top artists.
Five years down the line, he is making a living out of this skill. With his income, he already bought an open space to use as his studio. His skill provided so much that he could buy a property.
Not long after, he was given admission to study Physics education at the University. He was eager to study but he also already had his life planned to be a visual artist.
His fear is that based on what he hears about schooling, won’t it frustrate his talent? Won’t school take away all his time?
The Career lady named Hijay
The third is named Hijay.
While the three friends were in junior school, Hijay skipped a lot of classes and graduated faster than Mikel and Mayo because of her brilliancy. She is a definition of a beautiful and intelligent
Today, she is leading a startup fintect firm to millions of dollars in revenue as the chief technical officer. She confounded the fintech startup with a friend she met at the university. The company created a mobile app that encourages youths to save and invest.
But she didn’t just get there by luck.
At some point in university studying computer science, she figured out that she is more productive and satisfied anytime she does well in coding. Ever since, she focused on her newly discovered strength, coding. So, she combined this skill with another skill she acquired during the Covid-19 break, data analysis, to create this startup.
Before then, she had worked with several firms in the tech field as a product developer to hone her skill. While working, she was also created time to come up with her creativity which birthed this company.
After years of trying different fintech companies, this one later worked out well.
But her fear is,
Will this success last long?
Will competition crush my company?
As a lady, am I worthy to lead?
They all found a common solution
Today, these three friends bumped into one another in a community called Tumihub. God so good, Tumihub is the community the three of them need at the current stage of their life.
Maybe you are one of Mikel, Mayor, or Hijay, I have a couple of things to help you at every stage.
If you are a typical Mikel and in your mind, you always think life is not being fair to you. If you are about to give up on trying because you are exhausted, can I at least show you 21 things you should be grateful about?
There is more!
5 things to do if you are confused about your career
Aside from being grateful, you need to start afresh. Start your race with the following
- I call this the first step. What you want to do here is to access everything you have done so far. Access your self-image
- You need to also check three areas of your life to see if they are on track. Because this is what will automatically take you to the future you desire. Access these 3 areas
- If you have been doing ‘new year resolution’ before and it has not been working for you, then you need to stop. What’s the point? It will only continue to make you feel guilty. Try this new approach
- You need career clarity and it is a must if you truly want to catch up with Mayo and Hijay. Learn about career clarity
- Don’t be among the dead students the universities are breeding today. See the meaning of dead students
Skills to learn and what you need to know about your career in 2022
Aside from that, you need to learn about the following opportunities
- If you feel that you might not be able to get a job easily, then there is something you can do to still make money. Yes! If you can not get a job, you can still make money
- Also, there is something called vocational training. This is a good way to start making money. Learn about vocational training
- You can start making money even if you don’t have a product to sell. There is something called affiliate marketing.
- Your career is not the same as the job you do. You need to know this. A career is more than a job.
- There is an opportunity to learn a skill on Tumihub. Learn how to write in our 30days writing challenge.
Are you struggling with consistency like Mayo
For the Mayos who might be finding it difficult dealing with worries, distractions, and many time-consuming activities, i have some things for you too.
- There is a way you can combine two time-consuming skills. See how a nurse who doubled as a web designer and graphic designer did it. She combined these time-consuming skills seamlessly
- You need to also learn how to manage your time and be more productive. Productivity can help you when it seems as if you are too busy and 24hours will never be enough for you anymore. Try this productivity idea.
More sales and better Leadership for the Hijays
The hijays need to get consistent sales and be better leaders. This is what we have for you
- Do you know you can 10X your sales with a sales process? Yes, you can. Learn what a sales process is.
- You can also use content creation to boost your branding and sales. Content is king
- In today’s world of social media and the global village, some people can easily get people from around the world to love your brand. These people are called brand influencers
- As a leader, you need to constantly improve yourself. Here’s how to improve your leadership skill through personal development.
Have you joined the biggest career community online
Join Tumihub today and become a member of this community. If you desire to be serious with your career, then you should be a part of us.
You should also join our online Academy where people of like minds gathered to support one another in their career paths. We will also give you a lot of resources that will help you on this career journey when you join today. Get career clarity and career support today.
Click the WhatsApp icon showing on your screen to get in.
Welcome to the second quarter of the year.
Your friend OMAA!