Do you know you’re into Affiliate Marketing by default?
Can you remember the number of people that ended up buying a smartphone, shirt, bike, or car as a result of your recommendation and endorsement of the product? Many huh?
How much were you paid for that? Nothing! Yeah, I know, it’s because you didn’t go through the right channel in your Affiliate Marketing travail. You don’t have to make money from this every time but this article explains how you can make money from it.
You could earn some hundreds of dollars if you do it right! Affiliate Marketing is just a function of how well you can promote the product you choose. The more traffic you generate and sales that come from your traffic, the more your commission.
By the way, I know of someone who said that he and his team sold cars worth 300million naira in 2021 using this affiliate model I am about to share with you. Tumihub had a training on it in 2021 which you can get
But before then, let’s talk about this controversial conversation about affiliate marketing in Nigeria.
Controversy about an affiliate platform in Nigeria called expertnaire
A few days ago, people complained on Twitter about affiliate marketing. A lot of them concluded that affiliate marketing is a scam.
Can this be true?
That is a rhetorical question
But let’s get to understand why these people had this conclusion.
Join the largest career community today
Click the WhatsApp icon showing on your screen to join us for free today.
Also, visit our digital store to get exclusive resources if you wish to take your career development seriously.
These complaints are from Nigerians who have been influenced to be an affiliate without getting proper details of what this entails. These people became affiliate marketers without proper orientation. The affiliate who sold to these people did their job very well. After all, the job of an affiliate marker is to influence people to buy or take an action.
But should this be at the expense of the buyer’s proper orientation?
Well, that’s another rhetorical question. We will get to this but before that, let me make you understand this better.
Digital products owner publish their product ( e.g ebooks, online courses, etc) on the platform and its price. On this platform, buyers can buy the product but the most important is that an affiliate marketer can also promote the product so that when people buy through his customized link, he gets a commission.
Commission can be 5%, 10%, or even up to 60%. This is how much an affiliate can make from selling other people’s products.
Long before this day, I already complained to my friend who also uses the platform. I told him that one day, this model of affiliate marketing will not sit well with people.
I will explain
The CEO of expertnaire created a course called 72IG (72hours income generator). He activated an affiliate package for the product. The course itself teaches about affiliate marketing.
The problem with this is not the course but the way the affiliate marketers market the product. No doubt, this course has made a lot of millionaires but it is more like MMM (a Ponzi scheme that took a lot of people’s money away in Nigeria). I stand to be corrected.
The only slight difference between the 72IG model and MMM Ponzi scheme is the course attached to 72IG. But what is the essence of a course I buy but I don’t need?
Affiliate marketing is supposed to sell the value in the course being promoted so that the people who need it get it but 72IG marketers only tell their leads that they can make 300thousand a month without explaining in detail what they will do to make that money.
It is safe to say that the 72IG marketers lure their preys with a promise to start making a lot of money when they buy the course. They show proofs of payment and testimonials but they never focus on explaining what it takes.
They use a very effective sales process that works like magic. The testimonies and screenshots of commissions are actually real and yes, they are making money. Just like MMM, if you bring a certain amount, I will register you. After I register you, all you need to do to make money is to bring more people to bring money and you start making money.
This is why my Nigerian people were complaining on twitter.
My question is,
Don’t you think this model is very close to the Ponzi scheme model? I will like to hear from you.
Please use the comment box below
Affiliate marketing in itself is a very good business. It is also very good as a side business.
Although, you can make it your main business. We have people that do affiliate marketing full-time. They are high ticket affiliate marketers and they are living large doing it. There are several other digital businesses you can do full-time that can make you a lot of money too but this article will focus on affiliate marketing.
What does being a high-ticket affiliate marketer mean?
That amount a lot of affiliates make is a peanut compared to what you can earn as a high-ticket affiliate marketer! Do you know what high ticket affiliate marketing is?
Well, it doesn’t have a particular definition, though most affiliates regard affiliate marketing as a high ticket when you make at least $500 to $1,000 on a single sale. The products are expensive (so also the commission. Because of this, the selling process can be slow.
High-ticket affiliate marketing is not for every affiliate but for those who know their cakes!
The guides below are for beginners, though an expert will find them insightful as well.
How to become a high-ticket affiliate marketing
- Know your game
Learn before you earn. The noise regarding affiliate marketing and the money in it takes most people away from following the real process. And if you don’t follow the process, you can’t get anywhere. Check those who rushed into affiliate marketing without learning, the majority of them are stuck now. You don’t want to be like that right? Learn!
- Choose a platform and niche
You can’t sell everything everywhere. You have to sell something(s) somewhere. I mean, you have to be directional. Choose the platforms you can best use to advertise your product; it can be your blog or social media handles or both. Choose wisely and stay true to it. Don’t forget, the more your traffic (and clicks), the more you earn.
Afterward, choose a product in a niche that interests you. Choose a product you will be willing and happy to promote.
Also, you need to choose a suitable affiliate network like: Amazon Associates, ClickBank, Legendary Marketer e.t.c. Choose a product to promote on any of these platforms.
Don’t forget to check the product reviews and descriptions before deciding if it is worth promotion. With this, you’ll be certain you’re promoting the right product.
- Grow your connection
Grow your connection with a responsive audience, not just growing in number without responsiveness.
Responsive audiences are those that are interested in the products you are promoting and will click through your link when you call to action.
The best way to make your audience responsive is by understanding them, knowing their areas of interest, delivering values and contents that make them want to stay with you more and more. Don’t just appear with sales alone, give values before you bring your product.
These are necessary ingredients for a successful affiliate marketing campaign. You only need to do the following to earn as a high ticket affiliate.
ESSENTIALS OF HIGH TICKET AFFILIATE MARKETING
- Choose a deep-seeded pain point: this means you have to go for a product that solves a very serious problem. The logic is this; the deeper and more serious the pain point, the more people are willing to pay for it. The biggest pain points are majorly related to health, wealth, love and happiness
- Create Content: find out what people are searching for regarding the area of your chosen “deep-seeded pain point” and create contents that will bring in a more responsive audience. Your content should put the AIDA formula into consideration.
- Attention: your content should gain their attention. This can be achieved by researching their areas of interest.
- Interest: interest can only be gained by creating values. Create solutions and recommendations to their pain points.
- Desire: your value-filled content should make them have that willingness and desire to take action.
- Action: this is when you throw out your offer to them. It may not necessarily be for them to purchase through your affiliate link. It can be you giving out a free offer in other to get their emails.
- Build a back-end Relationship: with the emails you capture. Keep the relationship moving and make sure they have you in mind till you become their “go-to” plug whenever they want to get the product that solves their pain points.
- You can have more than one product: try finding more than one deep-seeded pain point to work with, thereby building more stream of passive income.
ON A FINAL NOTE
- Develop a high level of Emotional Intelligence: affiliate marketing is one of the world’s fastest-growing niches and there are so many people out there flaunting their results: ” I made $5000 a week, $5m a month blah blah”. Showing results without them telling you the real story behind them may get you distracted and at times, you might want to give up or move to their recommended strategy. Build your emotional intelligence to be strong enough to withstand all those.
- Follow the process patiently: follow the guides explained above, learn more, and experiment. Be patient while you gain more clarity with your strategies and you will surely have a breakthrough.
See you soon my super affiliate!
Writer: Abdulwahab Mustapha